The Government of India has announced a package of incentives to encourage digital transactions. Here is the list of such incentives & measures:
- 1. The Central Government Petroleum PSUs will offer a discount of 0.75% of the sale price to consumers on purchase of petrol/diesel if payment is made through digital means.
- 2. To expand digital payment infrastructure in rural areas, the Central Government â€“ through NABARD â€“ will extend financial support to eligible banks for deployment of 2 POS devices each in 1 Lakh villages with population of less than 10,000.
- 3. The Central Government â€“ through NABARD â€“ will also support Rural Regional Banks and Cooperative Banks to issue â€œRupay Kisan Cardsâ€ to 4.32 crore Kisan Credit Card holders to enable them to make digital transactions at POS machines/Micro ATMs/ATMs.
- 4. Railway â€“ through its suburban railway network â€“ shall provide incentive by way of discount of up to 0.5% to customers for monthly or seasonal tickets from January 1, 2017, if payment is made through digital means.
- 5. Railways shall give free accidental insurance cover of up to Rs. 10 lakh to all railway passengers buying online tickets.
- 6. For paid services â€“ e.g. catering, accommodation, retiring rooms, etc. the railways is offering through affiliated entities/corporations to passengersÂ â€“ it will provide a discount of 5% for payment of these services through digital means.
- 7. Public sector insurance companies will provide incentive, by way of discount or credit, of up to 10% of the premium in general insurance policies, and 8% in new life policies of Life Insurance Corporation, sold through the customer portals, in case payment is made through digital means.
- 8. The Central Government Departments and Central Public Sector Undertakings will ensure that consumers will not face digital payment transactions fee/MDR charges, and they shall bear all such expenses.
Source byÂ yahoo….